intfiction.org

The Interactive Fiction Community Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 am 

Thanks Peter, I'll update the OP. Yes, I intentionally left out Adrift, Hugo, and a lot of other platforms; I tried to include the ones that seem of the moment and that are flexible enough to publish to various formats (mobile, web, etc.).

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:27 pm 

Perhaps add ZILF. If outputting Inform-compliant Z-code, then some of the similar things to Inform could probably be done. (My own Z-code systems are not Inform-compliant since they use a different specification, so a different implementation will be required; but this is currently not of interest until such thing is released.)

OASYS is another system, although it does not seem to be used much. I have the original C codes for it (in the public domain, and they seem to use some C++ features); I have also documented the VM and file format, and written an implementation in BASIC. (Note that the original OASYS implementation only supports story files that were compiled on a computer with the same int size and endianness, although a new implementation can be implemented to be portable.) (I can write an implementation in JavaScript if you want.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:18 pm 

And I'll amend my comment:

* I have no plans on an online Inform 7 - that was a bold and overly-ambitious statement.
* My online plans involve ifpress.org, which will be a host of fyrevm-web stories with a built-in WordPress-like designer.
* FyreVM-Web is a stand-alone glulx-ish web interpreter that still needs a standard implementation and probably a non-standard implementation to prove its usefulness.

"It boots nothing to avoid his snares, for they are ever beset by other snares." - The shade of High Lord Morham, The Wounded Land - Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:20 pm 

You forgot Dashing Don for free ChoiceScript game hosting and philome.la for free twine hosting.