Removing scrollbar in centered glulx

When you change glulx so the main window is centered, it has a scroll bar (like this example by Chandler Groover).

How can I edit that so that it is removed, so that all scrolling is controlled by the main page scrollbar? I’ve tried a great deal of options from stackoverflow, and I’m stumped. I feel like something in the code is forcing the internal scrollbar, and I don’t know what it is.

I figured this out, now. I’m going to make a post about it.

I used the in-pane scrollbar because the main-page scrollbar really, really didn’t work for the general case of Glk window layout. I will be interested to see your solution. :slight_smile:

I just used web-kit to hide the scrollbar; you can see it on the itch.io page I linked to, but only in safari and chrome.

I see… I would say that the scroll bar is not decorative. Making it invisible is a blow to usability.

I think that standard Quixe is very good as a default for games, but I think that it would be nice if, like Twine, parser games started to use customized styling and layouts for each game.

As part of that, I think that some games could do without a scrollbar in the middle if it helped with the specific design aesthetic that game is going for. But I think that it would be a mistake to remove it from the default, because, like you said, it is a point about user experience.

For me, I’m literally trying to emulate Harmonia and its clean white page look. Once I can figure that out, my goal is to modify it with my own choices of fonts and layouts, and probably bringing the bar back.