Baltimore/DC IF Meetup

After meeting up individually with some folks in the Baltimore/DC area who are interested in interactive fiction, I thought it was time to try organizing a meetup a shot. I want to keep the scope of this meetup broad for now and see what those who are interested in attending are interested in talking about! But in rough outline, I hope this will be a way for folks who are interested in interactive text-based things to share projects they’re working on, talk about what’s going on in the genre, and generally hang out.

The first meeting will take place at 3 PM on Sunday, March 1 at the Board and Brew, a coffeehouse in College Park, MD (groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/baltdcifmeetup.

Yesss. I hope this goes radly. Pour a Yuengling for us west coast lurkers!

Because of the weather, today’s meetup has been postponed. Please see the Google Group linked in the first post for details on rescheduling!

The meetup has been rescheduled for next weekend! See groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/baltdcifmeetup for details.

I wish I’d heard about this before!

I might as well update this I guess!

I know it’s late notice but we’re still meeting monthly. Tomorrow’s meeting is at the College Park Board & Brew at 3. The facebook group is here: facebook.com/groups/baltdcifmeetup/

Next month’s meeting is June 24th. It’s like a book club, we pick a game to play before the day and then talk about it at the meeting. June’s game is The Weight of a Soul from Spring Thing.

For July, we’re playing Paradigm City. Meeting is the 29th.

Before the meeting on the 26th, we’re playing wikitext.

Oh, and the UMCP Board & Brew is where we’re meeting, as always.

Whoops, I forgot to add this month’s meetup: tomorrow the 23rd, at 3, as usual. We’re playing Cactus Blue Hotel ahead of time.

Oct 21 we’ll be discussing IF Comp games. Same time, same place.

Nov 4 we’ll discuss Alice Aforethought from the IF Comp.

December 9 we’re meeting at Mad City Coffee in Columbia to discuss Harmonia. 3-5 PM, as usual.

January 13, at Mad City Coffee, we’ll talk about J. J. Guest’s To Hell in a Hamper.

For February 3 we’ll play BP Hennessy’s Known Unknowns. Same venue and time.

Does anyone pay any attention to join requests on this group’s Facebook page?

March 3 we’re playing A Beauty Cold and Austere (version 2).

I hope so! Let me poke somebody.

Before April 7 we’ll be playing Papers, Please and watching this video.

May 5 we’ll discuss Sherlock Indomitable from this year’s Spring Thing.

June 16, 3-5pm at Mad City Coffee, we’ll have played and will discuss Grayscale.