IFDB user survey!

We’re looking for info from anyone who uses IFDB, even a little bit.

Background: IFDB has been running for ten years, and the site hasn’t been updated much since (I think) 2009. On the one hand, it’s working great. On the other hand, I’ve heard people say that it’s hard to use for their particular purposes. I decided that rather than asking them one at a time what that meant, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to put up a general user survey. What works, what doesn’t work, what does IFDB need, etc.

I’ve passed this by Mike Roberts, and he’s fine with it. He offers the caveat that he doesn’t have much free time to update the site these days, so this survey is not going to convert directly to “Mike gets to work” action items. Still, better to know what the situation is, and then we can think about ways to address it.

We will pass the results on to Mike, and also write up some kind of public report once we get enough responses.

goo.gl/forms/YWXP1hBMW0DQfahq1

Note: I am passing the survey link around IF community forums. I’m not trying to do a full-bore “tweet it, facebook it, publicize it everywhere” effort. At least not at first! I figure this should circulate among people who have some familiarity with IFDB. Please pass it around on that basis.

The survey response deadline is Oct 15th.

(We’ve posted it more widely – see blog.iftechfoundation.org/2017-0 … urvey.html – so feel free to pass the URL anywhere that people know what IFDB is.)