intfiction.org

The Interactive Fiction Community Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:52 am 

As the maintainer of Flexible Windows I can say that I'm working on it! Hopefully it will be ready for the Public Library soon. I'm not aware of any unfixed bugs... if you are can you point me to them/put them on Github?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:57 am 
I'm not actively following it, just tried to use it a couple of times and hit a few snags, and then discovered that getting information on FW - or even finding the latest version - was anything but straightforward. I was under the impression there were still things left to be sorted out - but if you say you're not aware of unfixed bugs, then there probably aren't any. :)

Glad to hear it's being actively worked on. It seems to be one of the most oft-used extensions. It's certainly one of the single most useful and flexible for anyone wanting to stray from the vanilla presentation of standard IF.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:13 am 

(Actually now that I think about it more, I'm tempted to rewrite it from scratch. The code is such a mess now. Anyway, when it's ready you'll see it here first!)

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:34 am 

Also, a general warning (based on my own experience): The built-in extensions for Inform have all been updated and should work, but if they are kicking up errors, it is possible that you have your own copy of these extensions installed which is overriding the built-in. A look at the Extensions / Public Library tag should tell you the status of your extensions relative to the latest version, and may help catch errors that are coming about for that reason.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:03 pm 
Ooooh, I've had umpteen errors like that. :( I wish Inform could, in case of duplicates like that, choose the extension with the highest version number.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:03 pm 

Just a note to authors, you are encouraged to edit the topics for your extensions here. If you see an extension that belongs to you but the topic is by vimes, let us know and we'll make you the author.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:24 am 

Dropped by to say I've just tagged the last commit I did to the Inform 7 extensions archive with "6G60."

It means the extensions at that point should be working with release 6G60 of Inform 7.

If I did this wrong, or if you have questions and/or comments, let me know so I can take a look. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:28 am 

I'm not sure what's going to happen with the old extensions site now that the Public Library site has been started. Emily or vines, do you know?

I guess we should add the files from the Public Library to the archive too.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:46 am 

Where is that "Public Library" site? Is it already set up?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:52 am 

We think the correct answer has to involve the old extensions site still existing (especially since the Windows build doesn't access the Public Library) and offering both old and new extensions in some way, since some people won't have moved on from the last build, because they're working on older projects. The exact details are still in progress, but it's being worked on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next