intfiction.org

The Interactive Fiction Community Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:42 pm 

zarf wrote:
I like the theory of keeping the latest 6G60 version of every extension available. Discarding those will put a serious crimp in the compilability of old games.

If I'm reading Mark's post correctly, he saying this is the process to submit an extension to either repository; both will continue to exist.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:41 pm 

So how does an extension get into the PL? Does the author have to explicitly request that it be added? That seems odd, since everything in both locations is licensed CC-BY.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:14 am 

ChrisC wrote:
zarf wrote:
I like the theory of keeping the latest 6G60 version of every extension available. Discarding those will put a serious crimp in the compilability of old games.

If I'm reading Mark's post correctly, he saying this is the process to submit an extension to either repository; both will continue to exist.

Yes, but it shouldn't be the extension author's choice. The librarian should put 6G60 extensions to the web site and 6L38 extensions to the Public Library. Otherwise if someone updates their existing extension and it goes to the web site the 6G60-compatible version is lost.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:21 am 

Juhana wrote:
Yes, but it shouldn't be the extension author's choice. The librarian should put 6G60 extensions to the web site and 6L38 extensions to the Public Library. Otherwise if someone updates their existing extension and it goes to the web site the 6G60-compatible version is lost.

Well, the Public Library is more restrictive than that; it only accepts extensions which are 6L38 compliant, fully "adaptive", and apparently meet some minimum decency threshold (whatever those may be). I think Mark is saying (correct me if I'm wrong!) that all other extensions, whether 6G60, 6L38, or otherwise, will go to the old, inform7.com directory.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:20 am 

Perhaps we need a formal document to describe the process. It's been mostly just me doing stuff, which is not a very transparent way of handling the situation. Let me take a stab at writing something up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:07 am 

Dannii wrote:
We (or just me) will eventually update Glimmr for Kerkerkruip, though only the ones it uses to start with.

Hey there,

I want to update to 6L for various reasons, but I can't because my game currently relies on Glimmr for the ability to draw .png images into specified locations with specified sizes. Is there any other way I can realistically get this working without waiting for the community to update Glimmr?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:25 pm 

Sorry, Glimmr hasn't been much of a priority to me (or anyone else it seems.) But it would help to know which of the Glimmr extensions get used.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:56 am 

Glimmr is pretty interdependent. The main extensions all include each other.

For the record, here's what Leadlight Gamma uses:

- Glimmr Animation Fader - Black 1/111022
- Glimmr Automap Tileset 1/111022
- Glimmr Automap 3/111022
- Glimmr Canvas Animation 1/111022
- Glimmr Canvas-Based Drawing 3/111022
- Glimmr Drawing Commands 2/111022
- Glimmr Graphic Hyperlinks 1/100805

And then some other things they probably include are Glulx Entry points, Glulx Status Window Control, Fixed Point Maths.

-Wade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:20 am 

Ah, the bottom four on that list are probably all essential, and if you're using the automap ones then they all need to be included of course.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:03 pm 

I just use Canvas Based Drawing and Drawing Commands, and was also hoping to use hyperlinks and possibly animation in the future.

But the reason I was asking is because it's the only thing stopping me moving to 6L38 that's all :-) don't worry if not, I can wait!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next