intfiction.org

The Interactive Fiction Community Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:45 am 

Juhana wrote:
The correct link is https://github.com/i7/extensions/blob/master/Leonardo%20Boselli/Hyperlink%20Interface.i7x but it's probably the same thing you already found.

Thank you -- it seems to be more recent, and it builds cleanly.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:20 pm 

My rewrite of Flexible Windows is ready for beta testing: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17425

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:49 pm 

It appears my previous post has been eaten by the moderation queue, so I'll try again:

I've been away from the IF community for a long time, but some folks might remember me as "Gavin Lambert".

Someone recently emailed me about Inform 6Lxx breaking some of my extensions, so I made some refreshed versions and sent them to the email address for the old extension archive. Thus far nothing much has happened with this; is this still the right way to update extensions? Should I just wait longer, or should I try to get the updates into the github repo as well? What's the process for getting something into the new Public Library?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:08 pm 

Sorry about that! Your account should be approved now, and I removed the vestiges of the old post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:38 pm 

mirality wrote:
It appears my previous post has been eaten by the moderation queue, so I'll try again:

I've been away from the IF community for a long time, but some folks might remember me as "Gavin Lambert".

Someone recently emailed me about Inform 6Lxx breaking some of my extensions, so I made some refreshed versions and sent them to the email address for the old extension archive. Thus far nothing much has happened with this; is this still the right way to update extensions? Should I just wait longer, or should I try to get the updates into the github repo as well? What's the process for getting something into the new Public Library?

As far as I can tell; that seemed to be the consensus on this forum last year. But I haven't heard anything since I submitted Threaded Conversation months ago, either.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:42 pm 

Definitely get it onto Github. The official Inform site seems to be moving very slowly now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:53 am 

I'm not dead yet :)

Clearly the extensions email is not working properly, and I apologise for that. I'm not sure why it failed. Please re-send your extensions to my personal email address (mark.musante@gmail.com) and I'll see that they get uploaded asap.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:19 am 

So, to be clear, is this for getting stuff uploaded to the Public Library, or to the old extensions site? Because I had thought that the old extensions site was going to be used for keeping around old versions of the extensions, for people who had to keep using 6G60 for whatever reason (e.g., already using some extensions that aren't getting updated).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:17 pm 

matt w wrote:
So, to be clear, is this for getting stuff uploaded to the Public Library, or to the old extensions site?

If someone submits something for the PL, and it's something that wouldn't prevent inform from being hosted on "family friendly" sites, then I don't think there's any reason not to follow the extension writer's wishes. Otherwise, the extension will show up on the extensions site instead.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:16 pm 

I like the theory of keeping the latest 6G60 version of every extension available. Discarding those will put a serious crimp in the compilability of old games.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next