intfiction.org

The Interactive Fiction Community Forum
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:43 am 

So my text based rpg is Fallout based

I want to set up the S.P.E.C.I.A.L perk bonuses

Lets say i want my set up to look like this, with just the basic points before you add or subtract.
I know a bit about how to use buttons to add and subtract, but whenever i do, and i tell it to go back to adding or subtracting a point, with a maximum of 10 points to spend, the counter resets!

Quote:
Strength: - 3 +
Perception: - 3 +
Endurance: - 3 +
Charisma: -3 +
Intelligence: - 3 +
Agillity: - 3 +
Luck: - 3 +

And yes i want each button click to alter the $playerstr (strength variable) for example!

Code:
<<if $statpoints == 0>> [[next|storypoint]]<<else>>Use your points you dummy<</if>> 

wich i learned from a old twine forum post, still learning a lot obviously! But how do i prevent a loop?? If anyone can show me how to set it up so it works! (i also want the $stat 's to be remembered so i can use things like

You have <<print $stat>> strength points! Veronica shakes her head, that wont be enough.

far down the line in the story!

[appended by mod]

So i want to set up the S.P.E.C.I.A.L system in sugarcube 2.21.0

Lets say the base stat, before you either add or subtract, look something like this:
Quote:
Str: - 3 +
Per: - 3 +
End: - 3 +
Char: - 3 +
Int: - 3 +
Agil: - 3 +
Luc: - 3 +

and yes i want the $playerstr for example, to be able to be used later on in the game!

Code:
The door is locked down tight, you could brute force it, you have <<print $playerluc>>
<<If $playerluc >6>><<print with some luck [[You open it|hallway]]!>><<else>><<print you attempt to pry it open, but you fail, breaking a finger nail in the attempt!

I have no idea if this code is correct, just using what i know so far from trying to learn it, started yesterday :oops:

Profile Send private message