intfiction.org

The Interactive Fiction Community Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Discuss individual IFComp 2017 games here. Please keep your discussion in the correct topic thread for each game. Be aware discussion may include potential spoilers which may not be hidden.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:58 am 

I have found a few problems following the walkthrough that could confuse players.
Anywhere it says to "take" something you usually have to use "get" as "take" is broken.
"Talk to women" doesn't work. Use "Say hi to women"
A couple of walkthrough directions are wrong (but the correct direction is obvious).

This game is a fairly easy text adventure set in a Surreal/emotional dreamscape with a few objects to collect and a simple puzzle to solve in each stage.
It is a mostly solid effort with a few minor technical issues that seem to be the result of last minute additions to the ending causing unexpected problems earlier in the game which should have been picked up in a final run-through of the walkthough or by an experienced beta tester.
Spoiler: show
The biggest problem I had was the wooden instrument on the mountain.
Only by looking at the walkthrough could I discover that it had to be referred to as a horn!

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:26 am 

I have posted a review here: http://blog.templaro.com/review-temperamentum/

- Jack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:05 am 

I kinda see what this game is trying to do, but, due to bugs, it's unplayable without the walkthrough, and even the walkthrough has errors.

This game would be much much better with the support of even one beta tester to give feedback on the transcript. But, for now…

• Add some instructions. About, Credits, Help, something like that. Have some beta testers, and credit them.
  • "say hi" is not a standard IF command. "Talk to" should be equivalent.
  • As two reviewers mentioned above, nothing described the instrument as a "horn."
  • Often "x"/"examine" doesn't work but "look at" does, e.g. the brain, the footprint
  • "alright" isn't a word

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:44 am 

Short review here: https://xenoglossy.dreamwidth.org/80253.html#cutid5

I really wouldn't call this "mostly solid." In addition to how pervasive its implementation problems are, I felt it had larger structural issues, especially in the first dream sequence.