Eleventh Hour New Year's Minicomp

It’s that time again.

It’s my great pleasure to announce another New Year’s Minicomp!

Didn’t write anything this year yet? Have a project you meant to finish? Why not submit it to the

Eleventh Hour New Year’s Minicomp

For those unfamiliar with it, this comp is meant to offer people a chance at writing a small work of IF at the end of the year. This year, we follow our tradition of having next to no rules:

1. Write whatever game you like, in any system you like. (Take note of the CF announcement below).

2. Finish any project you have been working on.

Any approach that lies between the two is also okay.

If you’re thinking “So am I allowed to…” the answer is „yes, absolutely, please do“. To make it clear: You have to work very hard to come up with something I won’t allow as an entry. ( [Anything illegal or in bad faith will be disqualified. Also, no rerelease of already released games, unless it’s changed in some major way. No refunds.]

If you’re in need of some inspiration the IF Name Generator which can be found here :
nitku.net/if/namegenerator/.

Games should be submitted to marius.ts.muellerSPAM@gmail.com by 23:59 GMT+1, Jan 4th 2017.

The games will be played on Clubfloyd on January 7th (Thanks, Jacq!) So, if you want your game to be CF compatible, choose your format accordingly. According to ifwiki:

Thank you and , most importantly, have fun!

So, I’m a bit worried this got no responses at all this year … Is anyone planning to participate?

I am going to try to do something. Whether I manage to do so is another question.

I was definitely interested in doing something for this. I even put it on my main calendar. Then my laptop crashed harder than the Big Bopper.

Too soon?

@Mr. Patient

You can do it!

if not, this kitten will be sad.

I happen to be making a game but… it’s not IF by any useful definition - it’s a retro graphical boulder-pushing game along the lines of Rockford or Boulder Dash. With cheese. It’s a small fun thing that I’m planning to release fairly quietly over the holidays. But if it needs the numbers and you want to expand the entry conditions, I’ll submit it. (If it’s done.)

Works for me!

I am definitely considering it. If so, it will most definitely be done in Twine.
Happy holidays everyone. :slight_smile:

Have something in ink which will probably be done in time - it’s quite linear though, so might not be as fun to play in clubfloyd :confused:

And the results are in !

We have

Half-Life 3 Confirmed -
a “A yeah sure” by Anssi Räisänen

Finish your Foe! by Oliver Frank

Quickfire

• an Interactive Amuse Bouche by Sean M. Shore

Red
A Contemporary Fairy Tale by Thomas Insel

Ex Materia
by Juhana Leinonen

The Day we got a pet
by Marius Müller

If you’re thinking “Hey, my game should be on that list! What kind of idiots are running this thing?”

Well, first off watch your tone, and secondly, get in contact with me any time before Sunday.

I will upload the games to ifdb sometime after Clubfloyd, probably Monday.

See you on Clubfloyd!

-Tale

Just a heads-up that I’ll upload the games, as per custom, when CF played them all.

So far we’ve gotten around to … two. So it might be a while.

The games are now uploaded to IFDB. Woo!

We’re all winners!

Thanks, Tale, for organizing the comp.

I love that IFDB lets you do that - because it’s true.