ZILF Competition

Hello all,

I’ve got a small (steadily growing) group of crazies on Facebook who are learning and writing in native ZIL code and compiling with Jesse McGrew’s ZILF system. So it’s pure code, no GUI or management system, but it’s proving to be a lot of fun.

The idea came up that if we could get enough interest and participation then we could run a ZILF Comp; the game itself can be whatever you want it to be but the requirement is that it’s written in ZIL and compiled with ZILF.

Cash prize at the end - I just need to do my homework and understand what the going rate is for winning a comp like this.

Thanks

Adam

Contact details. I am interested.

Thanks, fos1

Sounds exciting to me! A comp is good motivation for people to actually finish and release games, whether or not there’s a prize.

Great - thanks!

Facebook group … m.facebook.com/groups/273790299 … rce=result

My email … HappyMacXL@gmail.com

Great - thanks!

Facebook group … m.facebook.com/groups/273790299 … rce=result

My email … HappyMacXL@gmail.com

I’m interested, but I can’t promise I’ll actually get anything written for it. Maybe a 50% chance.

Better than nothing Robin, please see contact details above!

Cheers

Adam

Ah, ZILF. Now there’s an interesting development language I haven’t tried yet. Is there any documentation for the system, aside from the html files listing the command line syntax for ZILF and ZAPF? I was unable to find any on Jesse McGrew’s BitBucket page. If nothing else, this will give me a reason to create a facebook account and learn the language.

Not really, unfortunately, which is the main reason I haven’t done anything serious with the language. There’s Infocom’s old documentation but it’s incomplete, and there’s documentation on MDL (the language ZIL was based on), but that’s about it.

Hi! Yes there is this … xlisp.org/zil.pdf

Also there is a growing knowledge in the Group, we are expanding the amount of example code we have and there is some support available.

Thanks

It’s improving slowly. Here is the original manual … xlisp.org/zil.pdf

The group we have is growing in knowledge steadily as well.

Thanks

Adam

Hi folks, I just joined the facebook group. Can’t wait to get working on some ZIL code.

Welcome! Look forward to it! Happy New Year! :smiley: