"Building 26"

Hey all,

Something I’m planning on doing is writing and coding an IF to run on RPi; Retropi; Frotz. I’m calling it "Building 26"​ as a working title and it’s inspired by the book Hackers by Steven Levy. In it you’ll get to explore the famous MIT building and interact with the original hackers like Samson, Greenblatt and Felsenstein and - since its fiction - Wozniak, Engelbart and others. Its anachronistic but who cares!

What i’m really hoping to do (and have actually made some good initial progress on this) is to contact as many of these guys as will talk to me and ask if they would be interested in inputting into their characters behavior so that its as realistic as possible and true to their actual selves, where would they be located, what would they be doing, what would they talk about etc Underpinning this will be the usual puzzles, plot and possibly a maze … (just joking!) I’m going to take my time with this project as I want to do it right.

Anyways, just wanted to share, if this isn’t posted in the right place then let me know. Thanks folks! :slight_smile:

Adam

Even if this doesn’t come to fruition, please do share the results of contacting the hackers! I’d be very interested in such a simulation.