Can't get a colen and indentation working.

When the Unnecessarily Long Staff is on Altar: move bread5 to player. say "The priest sees you and beams, handing you a loaf of bread. 'God bless you!' he says. 'But, can you do me a favour for another piece of bread?' >"; if the player consents; say "'Thank you, my friend.' He whispers, careful not to interrupt the prayers of other citizens. 'You must go to the farm over in Georgia. When you do, find my cousin and go to his wheat field and harvest some wheat and then give it to me. To get to Georgia, you might want to find the teleport hub somewhere in Cambria. You can take the new Steam Train to get back.'" otherwise; say "'Please!' he begs, 'just find Georgie by going to the teleport hub in Cambria and find my cousin and get some wheat. I beg you! Come back using the Train Station!'"

The first line:

When the Unnecessarily Long Staff is on Altar:

Isn’t working. I’ve tried Instead of placing the Unnecessarily Long Staff on Altar and all kinds of other variants. Any way to fix this?

You need to specify when the rule applies. “Every turn when…” works. (Just be sure you remove the staff in the process.)

"Translating the Source - Failed
The application ran your source text through the Inform 7 compiler, as usual, but the compiler unexpectedly failed. This should not happen even if your source text is gibberish, so you may have uncovered a bug in the program.

When a program like the I7 compiler fails, it typically returns an error number: this time, the number was 11, and that probably indicates that the compiler failed to manage its data structures properly. Perhaps you created a complicated situation on which it has not been fully tested.

The best option now is probably to reword whatever was last changed and to try again. Subsequent attempts will not be affected by the failure of this one, so there is nothing to be gained by restarting the application or the computer. A failed run should never damage the source text, so your work cannot be lost.

If you think it likely that the Inform 7 compiler is at fault, please check that you have the currently distributed build of the system: if you have, please consider taking the time to fill out a bug report at the Inform bug tracker (www.inform7.com/bugs). If you think the fault may be due to a problem in an extension you’re using, then please contact the extension’s author directly."

[code]Altar is a container.

Every turn when the Unnecessarily Long Staff is in Altar:
now the Unnecessarily Long Staff is nowhere;
move bread5 to player;
say “The priest sees you and beams, handing you a loaf of bread. ‘God bless you!’ he says. ‘But, can you do me a favour for another piece of bread?’ >”;
if the player consents;
say “‘Thank you, my friend.’ He whispers, careful not to interupt the prayers of other citizens. ‘You must go to the farm over in Georgia. When you do, find my cousin and go to his wheat field and harvest some wheat and then give it to me. To get to Georgia City, you might want to find the teleport hub somewhere in Cambria. You can take the new Steam Train to get back.’”
otherwise;
say “‘Please!’ he begs, ‘just find Georgia City by going to the teleport hub in Cambria and find my cousin and get some wheat. I beg you! Come back using the Train Station!’”[/code]

Nevermind, I fixed the issue but now I have another.

Did you make the altar a supporter?

You probably also want to say “when the staff is on the altar”.