Question about Code

Ok. Of course I want to do something difficult. Below is the code for my game. I want to start off by having the player enter information about his character that will setup certain variables within the game (so options are chosen automatically). And, of course, I want these options to show in the status bar. So I am using both Basic Screen Effects and Adventure Book extensions. It is stopping on the Status Bar section. Not sure what I am doing wrong there. And the only code that seemed to work for selecting options is below. I had hoped I could just set a flag when the player chose an option, but it didn’t like that. Hopefully I’m just doing something wrong there too to reduce the insane amount of code I have created. If some expert could help me figure these things out then I think I can carry the ball from there. Thank you for any help!

Include Adventure Book by Edward Griffiths.
Include Basic Screen Effects by Emily Short.

[Setup Variables]

Fill Status Bar is a special page.

To run inform code for (x - Fill Status Bar):
Table of Status
left central right
" [player race] " “[time of day]” “[score]”
" [hair color of the suspect]" “[eye color of the suspect]” “[cash]”

Rule for constructing the status line:
fill status bar with Table of Status;
rule succeeds.

The First Page is a page.
“Welcome to Legacy of Dragonholt. First thing is to read the Character Creation book. Once you have created your character, answer the following questions to put your character into the game. NOTE: This Inform game is designed strictly for a solo player.”
It is followed by Choose Race.

[Character Creation]

Choose Race is a page.
“What Race did you choose?”
A choice called ChooseRaceA is for Choose Race. “Baronial Human”. It triggers Choose Race Baronial Human.
A choice called ChooseRaceB is for Choose Race. “Free City Human”. It triggers Choose Race Free City Human.
A choice called ChooseRaceC is for Choose Race. “Tribal Orc”. It triggers Choose Race Tribal Orc.
A choice called ChooseRaceD is for Choose Race. “Stone-Dweller Orc”. It triggers Choose Race Stone Dweller Orc.
A choice called ChooseRaceE is for Choose Race. “Dunwarr Dwarf”. It triggers Choose Race Dunwarr Dwarf.
A choice called ChooseRaceF is for Choose Race. “Forge Dwarf”. It triggers Choose Race Forge Dwarf.
A choice called ChooseRaceG is for Choose Race. “Latari Elf”. It triggers Choose Race Latari Elf.
A choice called ChooseRaceH is for Choose Race. “Dawnsmoor Elf”. It triggers Choose Race Dawnsmoor Elf.
A choice called ChooseRaceI is for Choose Race. “Burrow Gnome”. It triggers Choose Race Burrow Gnome.
A choice called ChooseRaceJ is for Choose Race. “Wanderer Gnome”. It triggers Choose Race Wanderer Gnome.
A choice called ChooseRaceK is for Choose Race. “Hyrrinx Catfolk”. It triggers Choose Race Hyrrinx Catfolk.
A choice called ChooseRaceL is for Choose Race. “Half-Catfolk”. It triggers Choose Race Half Catfolk.

Choose Race Baronial Human is a page.
It gives PlayerBoronialHuman.
It is followed by Choose Class.

Choose Race Free City Human is a page.
It gives PlayerFreeCityHuman.

Choose Race Tribal Orc is a page.
It gives PlayerTribalOrc.

Choose Race Stone Dweller Orc is a page.
It gives PlayerStoneDwellerOrc.

Choose Race Dunwarr Dwarf is a page.
It gives PlayerDunwarrDwarf.

Choose Race Forge Dwarf is a page.
It gives PlayerForgeDwarf.

Choose Race Latari Elf is a page.
It gives PlayerLatariElf.

Choose Race Dawnsmoor Elf is a page.
It gives PlayerDawnsmoorElf.

Choose Race Burrow Gnome is a page.
It gives PlayerBurrowGnome.

Choose Race Wanderer Gnome is a page.
It gives PlayerWandererGnome.

Choose Race Hyrrinx Catfolk is a page.
It gives PlayerHyrrinx.

Choose Race Half Catfolk is a page.
It gives PlayerHalfCatfolk.

Choose Class is a page.

Well, by doing a bunch of googling, I found the info on the Questions Extension, so I greatly reduced the code for that. But I keep getting an error on the table to update the status bar. It keeps saying

Problem. In the sentence ‘fill status bar with Table of Status’ , I was expecting to read a table name, but instead found some text that I couldn’t understand - ‘Table of Status’.

In this code block:

To run inform code for (x - Fill Status Bar): Table of Status left central right " [player race] " "[time of day]" "[score]" " [hair color of the suspect]" "[eye color of the suspect]" "[cash]"

it looks like you’re trying to define the table inside a phrase. Inform doesn’t recognize that–you have to define a table by itself, set off by blank lines on either side. What happens if you delete “To run inform code for (x - Fill Status Bar):”?

By the way, it’s very helpful if you paste code within code tags, which you can get by pressing the “code” button above the space where you type your post. That will preserve the indentation of your code (which is particularly important if you’re dealing with a table).