Reading book with a menu.

I want to make a book that when you read it, it will display a menu of its contents. Pretty much like talking to people with the Quip-Based Conversation by Michael Martin, but instead, you’ll be reading the book. If someone can give me an example, that would be great.

I know people like Quip-Based Conversation, but I’m partial to “Hybrid Choices” by AW Freyr. It provides a lot of hooks to control the game world via the choice menus it creates. I used it extensively in Fair if you want to see it in action.
ifarchive.jmac.org/if-archive/ga … /play.html

The syntax is like this:

[code]
Instead of reading Complete Book of Pages:
switch to CYOA at table-of-contents.

table-of-contents is a page. It flips to toc-menu.
“This is the table of contents for the Complete Book of Pages.”

toc-menu is a page. It is for a-page. It is for b-page.

a-page is a page. The cdesc is “Turn to the A section of pages.” it is for toc-menu.
“This page defines words like aardvark, advance, aether, and apocamorphosis.”

aardvark-page is a page. It is for a-page. It is a dead end. The cdesc is “Read about aardvarks.”.
“You read in great detail about the curious habits and biology of aardvarks.”

advance-page is a page. It is for a-page. It is a dead end. The cdesc is “Read about advancing.”.
“This page tells you all you want to know about advancing…the verb.”

[etc…]

b-page is a page. The cdesc is “Turn to the B section of pages.” it is for toc-menu.
“This page defines words like bastion, butter, bismuth, and ballerina.”

bastion-page is a page. it is a dead end. it is for b-page. The cdesc is “Read all about the game Bastion.”.
“What a wonderful independent game, and how about that narrator?”

[etc…]

closebook is a page. It is an end-page. It is for toc-menu. The cdesc is “Close the book.”.
“You close the book, feeling satisfied about the knowledge you’ve gained.”[/code]

Thanks, HanonO. That is what I was looking for. I’m going to use the Hybrid Choices now.