Conflict between plurality and conversation package

I seem to be having some sort of conflict between Conversation Package by Eric Eve and Plurality by Emily Short. The following story demonstrates the issue:

[code]“ExtensionConflictIssue” by kanato

Include Conversation Package by Eric Eve.
Include Plurality by Emily Short.

Tower Den is a room. “You are inside a lavish den, furnished with immaculate furniture and rugs. A fire burns in a fireplace on the west wall. There is a wonderful smell in the room, like a mixture of the aromas of hazelnuts and almonds.”
[/code]

This results in the following error:

[code]Translating the Source - Failed
The application ran your source text through the Inform 7 compiler, as usual, but the compiler unexpectedly failed. This should not happen even if your source text is gibberish, so you may have uncovered a bug in the program.

When a program like the I7 compiler fails, it typically returns an error number: this time, the number was 10, and that probably indicates that the compiler failed to manage its data structures properly. Perhaps you created a complicated situation on which it has not been fully tested.

The best option now is probably to reword whatever was last changed and to try again. Subsequent attempts will not be affected by the failure of this one, so there is nothing to be gained by restarting the application or the computer. A failed run should never damage the source text, so your work cannot be lost.

If you think it likely that the Inform 7 compiler is at fault, please check that you have the currently distributed build of the system: if you have, please consider taking the time to fill out a bug report at the Inform bug tracker (www.inform7.com/bugs). If you think the fault may be due to a problem in an extension you’re using, then please contact the extension’s author directly. [/code]

Is there any way to resolve this? Does anyone else see this same issue?

Here is the output on the console tab:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Inform 7\Compilers\ni \
    -internal "C:\Program Files (x86)\Inform 7\Internal" -project "C:\devel\Archive\Games\InteractiveFiction\ExtensionConflictIssue.inform" -format=ulx
Inform 7 build 6M62 has started.
I've now read your source text, which is 60 words long.
I've also read Standard Rules by Graham Nelson, which is 42655 words long.
I've also read English Language by Graham Nelson, which is 2297 words long.
I've also read Conversation Package by Eric Eve, which is 2347 words long.
I've also read Plurality by Emily Short, which is 2271 words long.
I've also read Conversation Nodes by Eric Eve, which is 5812 words long.
I've also read Conversation Suggestions by Eric Eve, which is 3268 words long.
I've also read Conversation Responses by Eric Eve, which is 1855 words long.
I've also read Conversational Defaults by Eric Eve, which is 2247 words long.
I've also read Conversation Framework by Eric Eve, which is 5190 words long.
I've also read Epistemology by Eric Eve, which is 1500 words long.

Process failed, stack backtrace:
Exception code 0xc0000005 at PC=0x4ee659
ni!Invocations__Compiler__compile_single_invocation() at inform7\Chapter 31\Compile Invocations.w line 519
ni!Invocations__Compiler__compile_invocation_list() at inform7\Chapter 31\Compile Invocations.w line 83
ni!Routines__Compile__line() at inform7\Chapter 31\Compile Phrases.w line 556
ni!Routines__Compile__code_line() at inform7\Chapter 31\Compile Phrases.w line 352
ni!Routines__Compile__code_block() at inform7\Chapter 31\Compile Phrases.w line 154
ni!Routines__Compile__routine() at inform7\Chapter 31\Compile Phrases.w line 99
ni!Phrases__compile() at inform7\Chapter 28\Phrases.w line 378
ni!Rules__compile_definition() at inform7\Chapter 27\Rules.w line 534
ni!Rules__Bookings__list_compile_rule_phrases() at inform7\Chapter 27\Rule Bookings.w line 747
ni!Rulebooks__compile_rule_phrases() at inform7\Chapter 27\Rulebooks.w line 795
ni!Phrases__Manager__compile_first_block() at inform7\Chapter 28\Construction Sequence.w line 310
ni!TemplateFiles__interpret() at inform7\Chapter 38\I6 Template Interpreter.w line 786
ni!TemplateFiles__interpret() at inform7\Chapter 38\I6 Template Interpreter.w line 460
ni!Main__core_inform_main() at inform7\Chapter 38\Main Routine.w line 43
ni!main() at inform7\Chapter 38\Main Routine.w line 15
ni!__tmainCRTStartup() at \usr\src\debug\mingw64-i686-runtime-4.0.6-1\crt\crtexe.c line 334
KERNEL32!BaseThreadInitThunk()
ntdll!RtlValidSecurityDescriptor()
ntdll!RtlValidSecurityDescriptor()

Compiler finished with code 10

What version of Inform are you using? Plurality is designed for older versions of Inform–its functionality is built in to the newer versions.

If you download Conversation Package from the Public Library within your Inform app, that should be the latest version and should work without Plurality.

OK that makes sense. Is there something I need to do to use the built in functionality? When I remove Plurality I get error messages for [it-them], [it-they] and [possessive of thing]. I’m using these as part of my story; this is why I was including Plurality.

I’m on 6M62 and I have all latest versions of all the extensions installed from the public library.

Look at §14 of the documentation on adapting text, in particular §14.4-6.

I think the new way to do it is to substitute the plural form–[they] for [it-they], [them] for [it-them], [their] for [possessive of thing]. There are also some devices to make sure that Inform is looking at the right thing to determine whether this is singular or plural.

EDIT: or maybe you want “[regarding the noun][possessive]” for [possessive of thing]. I think the difference is that (where you’re talking about Alice) [their] turns into “her” and [possessive] turns into “Alice’s.”

Ah awesome, thanks, I was able to get everything working again.