Topic failing to match?

I have a long list of adjectives, and wish to check whether any of them exists in the player’s command.

Understand "hideous/faint/nameless/singular/maddening/abnormal/blasphemous/accursed/loathsome/eldritch/indescribable/aberrant/abominable/absurd/abysmal/alien/ambiguous/amorphous/anarchic/ancient/anomalous/appalling/atrocious/cancerous/cellular/changeable/confusing/congealed/corrupted/decomposing/deformed/degenerated/degraded/delirious/detestable/diabolical/diseased/disgusting/distorted/dreadful/effervescent/festering/fetid/fiendish/piscatorial/fluctuating/fluid/foaming/fungal/gangrenous/ghastly/glutinous/greenish/grim/grisly/hateful/hellish/ichorous/infernal/infested/inhuman/insipid/irregular/malevolent/malicious/malignant/membranous/menacing/mesmerizing/monstrous/morbid/mottled/moldering/nauseating/nebulous/necromantic/noxious/obscene/odious/odorous/oily/ominous/oozing/organic/pale/pallid/peculiar/perfidious/perverse/phlegmatic/poisonous/profane/protoplasmic/pseudopodal/pulsating/chthonic/quiescent/repellent/reprehensible/reptilian/repugnant/repulsive/resplendent/sacrilegious/sallow/sanguine/sordid/tenebrous/turbid/unclean/uncouth/unspeakable/unutterable/vague/vaporous/vile/viscous/warped/wet/damp/wretched/zymotic/infectious/putrescent/daemoniac/fetid/fungoid/lurking/non-euclidean/squamous/ululating" as "[adjective match]". After reading a command when the location is Foobar: if the player's command includes "[adjective match]": say "Match!"; reject the player's command.

But for some reason this doesn’t work.

This seems odd, since the documentation (§18.33) says:

What’s going wrong here?

I copied your code and pasted it verbatim into a project. It works as expected. Do you need to upgrade, maybe?

I’m running Inform 7 6M62 from February 23rd, 2018.

Odd…I’ll uninstall and reinstall Inform and see if that fixes it.