how to change the printed name of a duplicate thing [EDIT]

edit: i just fixed the problem in the code sorry if i confused you)

ok so i was doing this test to see if i could get a duplicate object to do things a normal thing can do…

food is a kind of thing. a peach is a kind of food. there are 20 peachs in the crate. after cutting the peach: say "you slice a peach"; now the printed name of the peach is "sliced peach".
but how do i get this to work… like it tells me this,
In the sentence ‘now the printed name of the peache is “sliced peache”’ , it looks as if you intend ‘printed name of the peache’ to be a property, but ‘a peache’ is not specific enough about who or what the owner is.
cutting works but the printed name part doesnt

(the original object name is peache cause it would make peaches)

Two things:

1. I’m pretty sure that if you call it “peach” then Inform will be able to figure out that the plural should be “peaches.” No need to use “peache”!
  1. In this:

after cutting the peach: say "you slice a peach"; now the printed name of the peach is "sliced peach".

Inform doesn’t know that “the peach” is the specific peach you cut. (One good rule of thumb is that when you have “the peach” where peach is a kind, it’s the same as “a peach.”) In this case the peach is the noun, the thing that the action is being done to, so you can do this:

after cutting a peach: say "you slice a peach"; now the printed name of the noun is "sliced peach".