Space Fucking Jam 2k15 (obviously NSFW)

Does exactly what it says on the package.

(This post is only going to get punnier from here; you’ve been warned.)

The idea came up in the euphoria &if chat and we just sort of ran with it.

The official jam page is now up at itch.io!

Rules:
Games must include:

1. space
  2. fucking

It runs from midnight, December 14th to 11:59:59 December 22nd, and it’s unranked. If you’d like to start early and submit early, that’s fine.

That’s about it. Any tools you want. Any level of content you want. It’s an unlisted game jam, which means it’s not on itch.io’s front page, and technically it allows me to act as a moderator, but “moderation” is not really the theme of this jam in any way.

Submissions welcome. (Feel free to ask questions ranging from the technical to “what the hell are you thinking”, though I cannot promise an answer to the latter.)

question: does the size of the game matter or is it just how you use it?

If IFComp is anything to go by, there will be widespread marvelling over the longest, but how you use it is what counts most.

Having the longest might actually hurt your chances if you can’t finish in two hours.

And don’t forget about width. That’s important too.

I just want to remind everyone of the importance of frequent testing.

I just wanna state for the record that I had very little at all to do with this jam’s conception.

What about short games that have a good personality?

in that case they’ll be graded mostly on technique.

Ten seconds of fun leading to decades of headache. It’s not unheard of.

I feel it’s quite irresponsible of the rules, in this day and age, not to mention the various available forms of copy protection. Think of all the viruses you could get!

I feel that if you’re eager and willing to put a hard copy in the hands of anyone who wants it nowadays you deserve what you get.

No jam?

Jam optional. Mandating it could lead to some sticky situations.

Mandating also optional, I suppose.

Entirely optional. There’s no mandating whatsoever in my proto-project, for instance.

I’ve been working on my entry in spurts. It’s called Probe Me, Theus, but coming up with a title now is premature.

Neil

Don’t worry, lot’s of authors have that problem. It’s quite common.

I have the problem that I get started but can’t finish. No matter how hard I keep bashing things, nothing happens. Maybe someone could give me a hand…?

My entry is going to be gentle, but it should build to a satisfying climax.

Anyway, look for Space, Fucking, Jam: Quest for a New Keyboard, the prequel.