Looking for new stories

Hi guys!

Couldn’t find a thread on it so here goes.
I have been playing a great deal of FF and LW when I was younger. I liked the books a lot back then, but now I feel that they are a bit too much like dungeon-crawls and the deaths seem very random.
Do any of you have recommendations on CYOA where you have more clues to ponder regarding the choices you make? And also storylines which are more connected. I think that a lot of the books, are like short stories connected and not like a long connected one.

The first thing that popped to mind is the works published by Choice of Games, which tend to be more novel like and stat-based, turning the plot on the choices made, and usually tend not to have sudden one-choice death-ends or dungeon-crawly combat parts.

choiceofgames.com/

If you liked the FF and LW books, you absolutely need to try the Fabled Lands series, and rather than painstakingly collecting the pile of books, you can sample them all handily in the (former) FLapp at flapp.sourceforge.net/

Hi guys

Thank you for your feedback! I already know Choice of Games but I’ll have to look into FLapp!

Hi guys

Thank you for your feedback! I already know Choice of Games but I’ll have to look into FLapp!