We Are the Firewall release

We Are the Firewall is now released, a “game-novella” made in Twine set in a dystopian, near-future Minneapolis. It’s in third person; there are about a dozen or so POV characters.

Source code as a .tws file is also released and available.

rabidtransitpress.com/wearethefirewall

I don’t suppose a zipped, downloadable, playable offline version would be possible?

Yep, there’s nothing server-side and it’s a self-contained HTML file, so if you right click or control-click the link to the HTML file and save it to your hard drive, it should work. Doing a save-as ‘in game’ (even on the start page) will only save that particular page. Hope that helps; please let me know if you’re still having problems.

Wow. I’ve been doing it wrong all this time. Thank you so much! Now to start downloading a huge number of Twine games…

You’re welcome!

And some design notes:

goblinmercantileexchange.com … ign-notes/

After some overwhelming feedback post-release updated with a version 1.1, making the main “portal” screens of disappearing text static. A bit more user-friendly right off the bad.

(I wish there was a way this doesn’t appear on the front page of the IFDB btw after posting a news item there; but there you have it.)

How so? By making it appear in the front page, everyone knows it’s updated. I for one rushed to download the new version and actually thought “Huh. Finally a Twiner/Quester/Web-game-er who actually updates his game and then announces it. Brilliant!”

OK cool. :slight_smile: Glad to hear!