Hallowmoor - Official Announcement

Even more belatedly, I too very much enjoyed this. I’m definitely adding it to my list of things that I show people when they ask ``What’s IF?‘’

One bug report though:

[spoiler]Potions Repository
Your bones tremble in excitement…

inventory

Inventory

Most importantly, you finally have the black potion.

black

Inventory - Black Potion

You only need to drink the black liquid and the process will begin.

drink

Inventory - Black Potion

Now, you only need to escape this cursed castle.

back to inventory

Inventory

You have a green potion.

back to potions repository

Potions Repository
Your bones tremble in excitement…

inventory

Inventory

Most importantly, you finally have the black potion.

black

Inventory - Black Potion

You only need to drink the black liquid and the process will begin.

drink

Inventory - Black Potion

Now, you only need to escape this cursed castle.

etc.[/spoiler]
Otherwise the only thing that tripped me up was that I thought that drinking the green potion in the NE catacombs would also let me get the skeleton and witch safely in the Cavern at the same time, as an alternative solution to the boat puzzle. But I already had an inkling of the intended solution from the east panel’s description.

Cool. Thanks!!

Argh. Okay, yeah I see what’s happening. I’ll fix that and upload tonight. That would certainly mess up the scoring. That means you probably finished without getting the hint that there’s an “extra” hidden point to be found (ordinarily, you would finish with 7 out of 8).

Ah. I actually hadn’t considered that. It wouldn’t be easy at this point to make it a workable solution, but maybe I could somehow detect that a player is trying to accomplish that, and hint that it’s just not possible.

I did, but not getting 9/8 alerted me to the LLP, and I replayed.

I think that if the revelant ending node could check the previous sub-room and conditionally serve up the “The effect lasts…” line before its usual text, that would be enough. At least, that’s how I explained the outcome to myself.