New builds of Gargoyle for MacOS, please test

I tried building (on 10.12) with XQuartz installed, and didn’t have that problem… Maybe because I installed XQuartz from the installer at xquartz.org rather than using Homebrew to do it?

It might also be an old problem on my side, perhaps something I messed up when trying to build fizmo back in this thread. It’s the kind of thing you don’t notice until you ask somebody else to run your binaries.

You can examine the library linkage by typing

otool -L Gargoyle.app/Contents/MacOS/Gargoyle
otool -L Gargoyle.app/Contents/PlugIns/glulxe
(and so on)

Paths starting with @executable_path, /usr/lib/, and /System/Library/Frameworks are okay. Paths starting with /usr/local or /opt are stuff you installed which will not be present on all Macs.

Thanks, everything seems to be fine in the latest version I posted above.

I also find that the retina patch “just worked” with no noticeable perf problems on my 2016 rMBP on macOS 10.12.4.

To make the text readable, I had to double monosize, propsize, leading, and baseline. It would be awesome if Gargoyle automagically doubled all of those numbers under the hood in retina mode.

On 10.10.5, the latest retina-patched pre-compiled app does launch and display the File Open dialog, but nothing happens when you select a game file to open. Running the Gargoyle binary inside the .app package in Terminal gives this:

$ ./Gargoyle 
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _AudioUnitInitialize
  Referenced from: /Users/USER/Desktop/Gargoyle with retina patch try 2.app/Contents/PlugIns/../Frameworks/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib (which was built for Mac OS X 10.11)
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox

dyld: Symbol not found: _AudioUnitInitialize
  Referenced from: /Users/USER/Desktop/Gargoyle with retina patch try 2.app/Contents/PlugIns/../Frameworks/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib (which was built for Mac OS X 10.11)
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox

Thanks for the retina tweak! So nice to have it looking nice and crisp. And thanks to zarf and others, generally, for keeping things up to date so I can run Gargoyle on 10.12. This programmatically clueless IFicianado salutes you!

Just installed this version on 10.13.3.

Been playing it for a few hours with no problems.

Zarf - Thank you for the fix!