Off the top of my head

First of all, it would not be Labyrinth (or Final Fantasy for that matter).
Labyrinth was based on the movie of the same name.
It was a title meant for the failed Apple 2c (then it went exclusively to the Apple IIGS) released in the mid 90s.
Maze or MAZE was made in the 80s just for Apple 2, demonstrating the differences between that and it’s predecessor, The Apple Computer.
It became known as Worm (pre-TRON) and Maze went to the Apple IIe in 3D.

Maze was dropped for other projects and demos (Arkanoid, Pong, Catch, and 20 questions).

Someone took Maze and revamped it a little.
The basic moves for a labyrinth were there, but new stuff was added, including NPCs, checkpoints, pickups, and runarounds (keep going to checkpoints or start for objects to win the game).
Although it was frustrating and tedious, I liked the runarounds and wished I could make some.

By the way, your sarcastic remark sounds like the cult classic film Attack of The Killer Tomatoes (radioactive giant tomatoes taking over humanity).

Sorry Sark for gender mistake.

Are you casting asparagus on Attack of the Killer Tomatoes? :open_mouth: It’s my second-favorite “so bad it’s good” film (right after Children Shouldn’t Play With Dead Things).

Robert Rothman

Loved that movie when I was a kid. How about Killer Clowns from Outer Space? That’s some high quality film making right there.

I never did get to see Killer Clowns From Outer Space, but it certainly sounds like it has possibilities.

Robert Rothman

You can’t possibly appreciate the meaning of “worst ever” until you’ve seen “The Giant Claw”:

youtube.com/watch?v=dfwYcbcVo-w

I am tired of arguing, but just so you know, I have no idea what this game will be like (if it ever gets made).
I was talking about some of the elements I personally thought should go in it.
I don’t know what the group will decide.

The way I’m going about it is not to give them a rough sketch and tell them to do it for me.
I will contribute!

If you read my bookmarked post, I said I would supply props and sets appropriate to what’s already written.
Although someone else would write it (a field I’m not good at anyway), I could give them ideas of where to take the story and how the NPCs should behave (the definition of brainstorming).

If you feel you must reply to this, please don’t make it into a flame or argument.

I apologize, I wasn’t trying to be argumentative. I wasn’t trying to be entirely complimentary, either, just to be fair. Just trying to understand a little about this specific process.

The whole thing’s a bust now.
Nobody else will join in the project and the ones that have either can’t contribute because of other things, or won’t contribute because of content.
I said it would be a mix of IF and AIF, and you people seem kinda squeamish about that.

Doesn’t have to be a bust; you can still do it yourself. I personally take it as a given that everyone is going to drop out of a group project. Besides, I’ll still do pictures for you.

Me too. Even in a team of 5-10 people that you know closely or personally, this often occurs. Must be the pay rate :wink: