Space Fucking Jam 2k15 (obviously NSFW)

Consider a collaboration - but not just someone to come at the end and solve all your problems. It will be a lot more satisfying if you start together, and work through it all together.

Also, communication is the key, when working with someone else. Don’t be afraid to voice your ideas. Similarly, don’t bash their ideas. That will only lead to frustration and you’ll never be finished.

Are you offering any hands on experience here? I think you could be just the man I need to bring things to a climax.

Are you seriously asking about a collaboration with someone who never saw a single project to the end? And you being a more mature dev, with finished products under your belt?

Your proposition sounds daunting, so I must respectfully decline. But I hope we can still be friends.

I hope there will be jam. So many beautifully implemented features could be made yet more delicious with an application of jam. Just be careful where you put it, so it doesn’t gum up the interior code, and remember that a little spice goes a long way.

If you’re having trouble finishing, maybe you just need to relax and play around, let things happen and see what you enjoy. Don’t focus so hard on the ending.

I don’t want to judge you for your tastes, but…jam? Seems like it would get rather…sticky.

Sticky is good, I’m more worried about the spice.

… [size=1]Y’all need therapy.[/size]
In unrelated news:

damn, intfic, I had no idea y’all liked sex jokes so much

What? Who’s talking about sex? What do you mean? Sex? Where? Where?

…point me in the right direction? Please?

I can’t read suddenly; I don’t know.

Unrelatedly, Space Fucking Jam is open and ready, and waiting for your entry.

How many entries are expected? I think we need to this sort of information.

Also… are the entries large or small? I can handle small better than large, but from time to time I find myself really fancying a large one.

Do you care if our work has entered other competitions before this one? I know it doesn’t really matter, but it feels deceptive not to mention it.

I’m not sure how I feel about sloppy seconds…

I’m embarrassed that I didn’t make anything for this awesome thing but … Fallout 4.

I tried to pump and dump an entry, but it turns out I’ve grown quite fond of it and will be keeping it around a while longer…at least until it’s completely ready to see other people.

Aren’t you lot done by now? The other competitors have other things to do, you know.

I’ve heard it takes some people a lot longer to finish than others. Age is no doubt a factor. I used to be quite a bit quicker in my younger years.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not advocating quick-and-dirty. That’s sloppy, and usually impresses no-one (unless it’s done with a certain vigour; as a player I’m often impressed by the sheer energy of an otherwise uninteresting work). I’m just pointing out that, after a certain point, it becomes too much.

There’s a point at which you just have to release it. Your game, I mean. It’s finished. Past that point, it’s just a bout of sweating and grunting and patching and it does no one any good, people are just “Just finish it already!”

[rant]Someone had better preserve this thread for posterity.[/rant]

EDIT - Also, the faster you finish it, the faster you’ll get to ask for feedback and reviews. And if you’re lucky, you’ll get honesty instead of pity.

I just thought of something… I expect that every entry will be trustworthy, and that every competitor will have the courtesy of ensuring they’re not passing along any viruses. I just want to have some fun, NOT spend hours worrying about what crap might have gotten into my sustem.

I could have edited my previous post, but I thought this was important enough to double-post. Safety first.

If anyone wants to carefully inspect my entry to make sure it’s bug-free, that’s fine with me.