Dialogue Jam 💬

Oh… here we go again!
The next instalment of the Neo-Interactives Jam

Let’s Get Talking!

The Dialogue Jam is a month-long unranked jam all about communication between characters. Whether through verbal dialogue or written correspondence, this jam aims to bring discussions forward.

Constraints and Rules:

• Your Entry must be centered around an exchange between characters. No description allowed!
    • This could take the form of a dialogue (even monologue!), script, or letters.
    • Elements like stage direction or dialogue tags can be used, though they should be kept to a minimum.
  • The Jam is open to any program/medium, as long as the piece can be considered Interactive Fiction (i.e. the game is interactive, and its focus is on the text).
  • The Jam is open to any language.
  • You can submit up to 3 entries!
  • You should aim for 15-30 minutes maximum gameplay.
  • Entries can have NSFW content, as long as you indicate it in your submission.
  • Entries should not include any generated AI content.
  • Spam or hateful content will not be accepted.

Come join us!

21 Likes

Yay, super excited for this one!!

8 Likes

No way I can enter this jam but I’m looking forward to playing and learning from the entries.

11 Likes

Thank you Manon and company for this one!

I must admit, I know I’ve been a little insensitive about my words lately, but I have every good intention to see you guys succeed.

4 Likes

OMG, not another one! Love the banner.

6 Likes

We’re multiplying Garry :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks! We do them all on Canva.com :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Oh my gosh the JAMS team does it again…

Awww Poetic Justice would have been the perfect fit. Sorry I have to pass on this one as well, but looking forward what cool stuff comes out of it!

6 Likes

Mmm, yes, very interested in this one. Highly unlikely I’ll have capacity to make anything but curious to see what comes about.

5 Likes

Welcome to the club! Feel free to check out the entries of the past jams as well!

4 Likes

Thank you! I have been - it was actually the ShuffleComp that got me back into IF and made me finish a thing, albeit too late for the comp. And I woke up this morning with An Idea for this one (another poem, so not necessarily a good idea, but still).

5 Likes

Oh yay!

Glad to see our little silly events are working :green_heart:
Can’t to see what you will do!

7 Likes

This is so tempting, since writing dialogue is basically my favorite thing to do, but I really should get to work on the game I want to make for IFComp… :sob:

6 Likes

Just do a small one. like 500 words tops. Join, throw us a tiny thing, and bounce. :joy:

8 Likes

WOAH WELL… I’m a bit late but

JUST A FEW DAYS LEFT TO SUBMIT A GAME!

5 Likes