REALLY BAD IF - a silly ~ham~

This is not a serious thing, but also maybe it is a bit…

ARE YOU TRIED OF MAKIN ALWAYS THE BESTEST OF THE GAMES? DON’T YOU WANT TO NOT HAVE THE PRESSURE OF ALWAYS BE THE BESTEST?

Join the REALLY BAD IF jam. Make really bad games. Get that 1-star average on IFDB.

The REALLY BAD IF jam unranked interactive fiction jam where the goal is to simply make really bad IF games.

Bring your terribly written, bug-riddled coded, nonsensical-story games along!

Want to make a troll game? Go for it :woman_shrugging:
An impossible to finish-game because you “forgot” to code one object? Come right along.
Something that looks SO UGLY it will make people cry blood? Sure! (I mean add TW but sure)

Don’t have any idea on how to make a bad game?
Here’s a recent thread:

Rules:

• This is supposed to be a silly jam. So no ranking. You don’t even have to leave rating or comments opens on your page.
  • I will seriously boot out games that are actually good. Don’t submit your critically acclaimed games you think have flaws!
  • Any language used, however badly you want it to use.
  • Add CW if relevant, esp for NSFW entries
  • No AI, no LLM, no Spam entries, no Hate content.
10 Likes

Just don’t upload them to the IFDB. Or anywhere the stain would tarnish more well-intentioned games. But it certainly sounds fun for a short season.

1 Like

I’m sewing this into a pillow.

5 Likes

I wasn’t planning to, but mainly out of laziness. :woman_shrugging:

If the participants want to create their own IFDB page, there’s no one (but the moderators of the IFDB) to stop them. Same for anyone else wanting to make a listing…

It wouldn’t be the first time troll and low-quality games have been listed on the database.

4 Likes

for already explained reasons, I don’t want to subscribe to itch, but if some nasty idea came in my mind, i will inflict it here in a .zip attachment ]>

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

1 Like

And I will welcome it with open arms :green_heart:

3 Likes

Wait, these aren’t allowed! Just kidding.

By the way, if someone wants to do parser, make sure that “You can’t see any such thing, You can’t go that way, You see nothing special about (thing)” shows up often, even when trying to >X SOMETHING THAT IS OBVIOUSLY THERE.

2 Likes

HI! IT HAS STARTED!

COME MAKE TERRIBLE GAMES

The deadline is 10 days… (Might extended just for the lolz if needs be)

5 Likes

Dang my game actually works sigh back to the drawing board

2 Likes