SpringThing 2024 Review Sheet!

Are you writing any reviews? I think you wrote a review for almost every entry last year. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Last year, he waited until the results were (almost) out before publishing the reviews on IFDB. For fairness, since he is the organiser :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m waiting until the end (probably after the comp ends) to avoid partiality!

3 Likes

Is A Game of Silence Back Garden? It seems I had not refreshed my SpringThing page since opening, I guess it got moved? Ouch. When one of my review complaints was ‘hey this seems unfinished,’ just another reviewer-missing-the-point moment for me :confused:

2 Likes

The game was originally not in the Back Garden, but it did get voluntarily moved! It was an edge case, as it’s not buggy or clearly incomplete, but the narrative arc was not resolved. I gave the author the option to keep it where it was or move it, and she chose the latter. While you are not obligated to change your review, it is my hope that the new placement will be useful to future reviewers.

1 Like

We passed 80 reviews (yesterday I think)!!!

4 Likes

90 reviews as of this morning~!

(and also over halfway through last year total! There are also 3 games that haven’t received a review yet…)

2 Likes

100 reviews as of just a few minutes ago!

6 Likes

Every single game officially has at least one review! Wahoo!

7 Likes

Total number of reviews now stand at more than 120, 121 to be exact. Last year had a total of 174 reviews, so we’re nearly at 70% of last year’s total after half of April. Also, all games but 2 have at least 2 reviews. I am down to my final 4 entries.

3 Likes

We passed 130 reviews.

Still only two game at one review (New Game + / Back Garden), and 7 with just 2 reviews (all categories).

4 Likes

Hey, sometime in the past couple days we passed 150! Pretty cool in its own right, and we’re also getting pretty close to last year’s total of 174.

4 Likes